Chattr is a young Australian platform that delivers contemporary perspectives on the topics that are pressing in the minds of young adults.
I began writing for Chattr as a freelance writer in 2017, then completed a four-month internship, after which I was employed as a sub-editor. I eventually moved up to assistant editor, and am currently the managing editor.
Here are some examples of articles I’ve written for Chattr (or here’s a complete list):
- The Internet – Our Problematic Public Arena
- Dodgy internships exposed on Twitter
- The allure of modern witchcraft
- 7 things in the Harry Potter universe that make no damn sense
- Behind the screen of an online sex worker
As part of my work for Chattr, I have penned a fun astrology column, Star Struck:
Sample articles from this column:
- 12 Public Personalities who Perfectly fit their Star Signs
- Can Astrology Make a Serial Killer?
- Why Sagittarius Season is the Actual Shit
- The Zodiac Signs as Riverdale Characters
- 6 Entertaining Myths & Conspiracies About the Moon
- Everything You Need to Know About Libra Season
- Why Pauline Hanson is the Quintessential Gemini
- Virgo Season is Crap, But Here Are 5 Ways to Thrive
I also wrote each script and pitched the original idea for an eight-part short video series starring Sally Krajacic, Kraj Kraj Conspiracies – including this video: Was Willy Wonka a Serial Killer?
Other Scripts I wrote for this series:
- Kraj Kraj Conspiracies: HIV
- Kraj Kraj Conspiracies: The Illuminati
- Kraj Kraj Conspiracies: Does Australia Exist?
- Kraj Kraj Conspiracies: Are the Lizard People Taking Over?
- Kraj Kraj Conspiracies: The New World Order
- Kraj Kraj Conspiracies: Princess Diana
- Kraj Kraj Conspiracies: The Flat Earth Theory
I also contributed to two scripts for Lizzie Jack’s video series, Two Minutes Or Less:
Other media outlets I’ve written for:
Twenty Something Humans is an online platform for the curious millennial, dedicated to talking shit for the internet’s pleasure. You can read my work for Twenty Something Humans here.
Here are some examples of articles I’ve written for Twenty Something Humans:
- Dabble in the dark art of essential oils, but try not to harm anyone in the process
- Full moons drive people batshit crazy, and that’s the hill I die on
- Everything millennials destroyed in 2018
- How essential oils can help you shit on neoliberalism
- 6 strange millennial habits older generations cannot wrap their heads around
- Why you should never, ever date an Earth sign
Junkee goes beyond the headline to give young Australians a fresh take on what’s going in their world. From movies to politics, TV to tech and everything in-between, Junkee covers a broad spectrum of topics from the things that really matter to the things that don’t. You can read my work for Junkee here.
Here are some examples of work I’ve done for Junkee:
The Tertangala is the University of Wollongong’s student magazine. The Tert aims to cover issues interesting and relevant to students.
Here are some examples of articles I’ve written for the Tert:
- Everything wrong with the hype over the Madeleine McCann documentary
Feminartsy is an online feminist literature and arts journal. It seeks to create a space for new and diverse voices and experiences of feminism. It is built on the philosophy that feminism is a powerful and perpetually relevant interrogative lens through which to question the current state of our world. Feminism seeks to question, critique, and disentangle accepted narratives of gender and its associated relations of power.
I also ran Feminartsy’s Facebook page as a social media curator for six months in 2019.
Work I’ve done for Feminartsy:
Punkee exists to have a laugh at the latest in TV, movies, music, celebs and the best of the internet (*cough memes*) with a local Aussie twist.
Work I’ve done for Punkee:
- A Dedication to ‘Pretty Little Liars’, the Most Bonkers Show of the 2010s
- 5 Disgracefully Cheesy Netflix Romcoms you should watch Immediately
- Scary Films to Watch This Halloween That Won’t Make You Piss Your Pants
The Wrangler is a weekly online publication that explores storytelling in all forms of media. The Wrangler is a space for people to dissect, analyze, and more deeply understand the stories that surround us — the good, the bad, and those that stick with us long after they end. You can read my work for The Wrangler here.
Articles I’ve written for The Wrangler:
Articles I’ve written for FYA:
5Why is the who, what, when, where, why and how of getting your shit together. From the job interview to the secret gig, weekend getaway to overseas ex-pat journey. You can see my complete list of articles for 5Why here.
Examples of work I’ve written for 5Why:
- 5 Reasons Hustlers was a Huge Letdown
- Why the “Ok Boomer” trend achieves absolutely nothing
- 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Only Date Your ‘Matched’ Star Sign
bubble. magazine is a digital destination for young women who are curious, socially minded and adventurous; whether that’s travelling to a unique city or trying something new in the bedroom. The magazine launched in March 2020 and produces quarterly digital publications. I contribute a new age column for each edition: